Medway Community Healthcare (MCH) also provide a day hospice. Their supportive care team are based within the Wisdom Hospice, and provide a wide and varied range of supportive and therapeutic activities for patients with a palliative diagnosis and also for their families.
The therapeutic activities include:
- Fellowship, emotional support and access to others in a similar situation.
- Referral to the multidisciplinary team.
- Access to complementary therapies including visualisation.
- Using a variety of multi-media and talking therapies to explore good memories.
- Pamper afternoons.
- Self-expression using art and writing mediums.
- Support is offered in patient groups, patient and carer groups and carer groups
Criteria is applied and attendance may be limited. All the supportive care offered by the centre is available by appointment only.
Support with transport is possible. Patients and family members already known to Hospice services can self-refer by telephone on 01634 823583 or by email at MCH.DH@nhs.net
Find out more on the MCH website